Sunday, February 6, 2011

Are you on Crack??

That is one of my favorite wise cracks. Usually said, when something off the wall is said.

Today, I write about things I have learned this weekend.

Two of my all time favorite t.v. shows are Sports Night and West Wing. Turns out Oscar nominated Aaron Sorkin was on crack when he wrote those shows. What does that say about me? I must be on crack. Watched an early morning interview with him and Leslie Stahl this morning. I have not seen the Social Network yet, but I bet I am going to like it. For the record, Aaron has been off all drugs for 10 years. Good for him!
Watching the Kennedy Home Movies on TLC this weekend, I learned many things that I never knew. I guess I am finally too young for some things. One, I never knew Jack and Jackie had a third baby that died. I did not know Bobby Kennedy had 11 kids, one that was born after his death. When you watch the documentary of their movies, you will hear that it is narrated by Stockard Channing who was the First Lady on the West Wing.  All roads lead back to Aaron Sorkin. I do know I am going to read more on the Kennedys.

So here is a to do, challenge for you...and report back if you do:

Watch The Kennedy Home Movies. Have kleenex ready, it is heart wrenching.
Watch West Wing if you have never watched.
Try and rent Sports Night on Netflix..I was lucky enough to get the box set as a gift.

And I....will try and catch The Social Network.  Thanks to Facebook, I have finally found my last long lost friend, and kept in touch with many others. Everything comes full circle. May it be unbroken.

-Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment