Sunday, February 13, 2011

Speak now.....

I am a straight shooter and loud mouth. Rarely do I mince words..........unless it is with people I love.
But shouldn't it be with the people you love that you are the most honest with?
I found myself recently keeping what I really wanted to say inside. I think for me, it shows how much I care about someone when I actually keep my mouth shut. It means I care about their feelings more than unloading my issues, preferences and opinions on them. It is a fine line to walk. Putting your thoughts and feelings before someone elses, yet taking the chance that if you do not say something, you may one day wish you had.  What I finally realized is that speaking now or forever holding your peace is probably the best policy. When you care about someone and vice versa, it can only be taken as a way of making the relationship stronger and healthier. This goes for everyone we care about..our kids, moms, friends, lovers, spouses.
I am thankful for the people in my life who are honest with me and listen. Glue talked me off the ledge when I was having an ugly day. She picked up the phone, told me the zit on my face wasn't as bad as I thought it was and encouraged me to meet my man for lunch. She gave me the confidence I needed and I was glad to hear it and glad I listened. I am so thankful for the man in my life that puts up with the thorns in anticipation of the rose. We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.  Oh...and he always says the zits on my face aren't as bad as I think they are. Now THAT is love!

-Sand
Happy Valentine's Day* Everyone!!  *That is another blog for another day!

Okay here is my recommendation of the week:
As I honestly admitted above, I suffer from adult acne. No sense in hiding from it, EVERYONE can see it. I have been to dermatologist after dermatologist, all with short term fixes. As a teenager I used this stuff called Lulu lotion. It was the magical cure, but it went off the market, similar to checker board ice cream. Remember that??  Anyway, I found an ad for Mario Badescu products. I purchased the acne repair kit and it did what Pro-activ could not!!! It has a product that is exactly like Lulu lotion. So far....so good. If you have a teen ager or know ANYONE who suffers from acne..I feel their pain...but please recommend these products!! 

P.S. The Social Network was a phenomenal movie!!! Aaron Sorkin did not disappoint!! Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment