Friday, March 4, 2011

Introducing.........Flint!

So, let me finally introduce myself.  I’m Flint! There are several definitions and uses of flint.  When I claimed this name I was thinking of the most obvious, a hard stone especially used for striking fire.  I like to get the party started.  I’m filled with great ideas, love to bring people together for memorable experiences and build the hype of the upcoming event!  The thing that probably bugs Glue, Sand, and who knows how many other people, is that I have a new idea every day!  If I had Paris Hilton’s money, and Charlie Sheen’s “insomnia,” nobody could keep up with me, but I’d keep it relatively innocent,  just a few glasses of Opolo Zin and we’d laugh about Sheen, perimenopause (which I’m experiencing), laser hair removal,  all of the Brandens in my classes, all things reality television, and Modern Family.  If you’re ever invited….you should come!  You might have to finish the planning, but Glue and Sand will help you with that!    
                I don’t shop much, I’m a creature of habit, and I eat the same thing every time I go to Taco Bell.  That being said, I don’t think I’m going to be the one to give weekly picks.   I’m not actually sure what I’ll contribute to this little gem, but I’ll give it a go.   Here’s a few of the exciting ideas I’ve had over the years……..
                ~Opening a Franchise of “Butterfly Life” with Glue……that was an incomplete plan that was WAY better left undone, but I think we got snacks for going to the presentation….most things we do include snacks!
                ~Weight  Watchers  at least 4 times…..at least twice with Glue.  We’d go weigh in, then eat lunch at Sal’s! I really just wanted to hang out with her because we never cease to have things to laugh about!
                ~Mary Kay………….which included Glue!  I did relatively well at that one!  We traveled, laughed and peed our pants a whole lot too! And then she saved me from it!
                ~That Labor Day camping trip which I nearly forced Glue and Sand to join me in!  And the party grew from there!  That one worked out great!  And I did end up doing some of that leg work!
                ~Going back to school at 43 to get my teaching credential.  Nobody helped me with that one (that’s not really true because both of these friends were online with me during endless hours of homework), but Glue and Sand both helped me with it today.  They helped me process the fact that my contract will not be renewed for next school year.  No…..they don’t have to give you a reason.  I can’t really air my personal thoughts about why this happened until school is out (and believe me I can’t wait for that day).  Glue listens to every angry and tearful word until I’m sure she’s ready to hang up on me.  Today, Sand got me fired up enough to give it one last try at redeeming myself AND most importantly reminded me of the Indian Nose Flute player!  Priceless!  These women are irreplaceable in my life!  As I walk through this journey (I’ve NEVER been, in essence, fired before) one of them will make me laugh while the other is telling me to buck up!  I hope they keep buying into my ideas, joining me on the excursions and including me in theirs! 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Flint - I can't wait to have some more adventures with you. We will be friends forever through thick and thin, and I'm mostly talking about our weight. I'll always be here to listen and cry with you. <3

    ReplyDelete