Sunday, March 13, 2011

Who's your Catfish??

This  weekend I watched a VERY interesting documentary called Catfish. I am a fan of documentaries and it is really the only reason I keep HBO. They always air great thought provoking documetaries. Well, Catfish was not on HBO. I saw the trailer before a movie in the the theater. It looked very Blair Witch, so I filed that away to see when released. I must have missed it, but a friend of mine was telling me about it, so my sweetie and I decided to get it on pay per view. The movie was a hit at Sundance.The subject matters is one we should all be aware of. It is about a young NYC photographer who is befriended by an 8 yr old artist who lives in Michigan. Thru that friendship, the photographer becomes Facebook friends with the girl's mother, father, sister, brother and family friends. Again, this is a documentary, but watching it you think this is completely scripted, or is it? It can't be, but it is! Or is it?!! I say watch it. Let me know your thoughts. The moral of the story is, always make sure the friends you make on Facebook are really your friends. I am proud to say, that I RARELY friend anyone that I do not know or have not met. In fact, I prefer to be friends with my friends. CRAZY I know. Well, anyway, there was a line in the move from where the title came from. It was a story about how cargo ships from Alaska took loads of carp to China. By the time the ships would get to China, the carp would have mush flesh and be tasteless. Someone had an idea to put catfish into the vat with the carp. The catfish would nip at the fins of the carp and keep them moving and agile. It goes on to say that there are people in our lives that are the catfish. They keep us on our toes, keep us moving, thinking and fresh.  
Who are the catfish in our lives??

My catfish are clearly my girls and my Sweetheart. When I was newly divorced, I was very depressed and hopeless. My girls kept me moving, kept me from turning to mush. I then met my sweetheart, who nipped at my fins on those days my girls were gone with their dad. He did not let me sit around feeling sorry for myself, and gave me the positive reinforcement I needed to be the best carp I could be.

My boss is another catfish in the vat of my life. She keeps me on my toes, she keeps me thinking and on the move. I appreciate the challenges she throws my way. There is never time to turn to mush working with her.

So who are the catfish in your lives? I hope we have at least one catfish in our tank!

So the LOVE it item for the week:
Words with Friends App- it seems to be the rage with my sixteen year old and her high school friends. Little do they know that Glue and I have been playing it for over a year. Anyway, if I had asked my daughter to play me Scrabble, she never would have. Now she will play me Scrabble, only it is called Words with Friends. I am proud to say that she actually beat me on our third game! She is a chip off the old block!

HATE it item of the week:
The Earthquake and Tsunami that ravaged Japan. Like life isn't tough enough ,then to have mother nature come in and turn their world upside down? I feel for all those innocent people who woke up that day never suspecting the nightmare that was around the corner. Now they are dealing with countless aftershocks and radiation leaks? Meanwhile, Charlie Sheen sells out live shows to hear him complain about getting fired from a million dollar a day job. Winner. Hate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment